Updated: Dec 22, 2021
Hard to believe it’s already been a year since I dove into the social media scene. Honestly, it was more of a belly flop, but, hey- there’s a learning curve to everything, right?
In that time I’ve:
- Made solid relationships with other bloggers and creatives over our shared love of the southern New Jersey shore
- Connected with an amazing community of talented writers and voracious readers on Instagram. It was through this network that I found many of my beta readers as well as my editing team.
- Read increasingly more outside my genre- historical fiction- and started doing book reviews on Goodreads
To those who've supported me from the beginning: Thank You! Every comment. Every share. Every "how's it going" conversation. They've all been filed away in my heart.
Knowing there are people who believe in my vision-who understand my dream- is a remarkable feeling. To say that I’m grateful is the understatement of the year. I’m writer! You’d think I could come up with better wordsmithing.
Forgive me, friends. I’m a mom, we’re days away from Christmas, and I’m busier than Buddy the Elf getting ready for Santa’s arrival.
*Sigh* Wish I had a fraction of his energy right about now.
I do, however, have some BIG NEWS! It’s going live on my socials tomorrow but I want you to hear it first.
Now that I’ve had an opportunity to digest the feedback from the manuscript's developmental edit, I’ve determined this complex story will flow much better in three parts.
Yup, you read that right.
Thicker Than Water is not just a novel. It’s a trilogy!
Mark your calendars! Book One- Thicker Than Water- will be self published on May 27, 2022.
Why am I going the independent route versus querying? No- it’s not because Walter Hobbs worked for a publisher (although there’s probably some truth to his character).
Several reasons, folks:
- Creative Control. From revisions to marketing, book cover to format designs, it will free me of the gatekeeping that comes with traditional publishing.
- Higher Royalty Rates. I have kids. N’uff said.
- Less Waiting. It can take less than six hours for e-books to be uploaded to digital marketplaces, and print on demand (POD) services can be available in 24 hours.
- An Opportunity to make a name for myself on my own terms. This one’s really important to me.
Everyone’s creative journey differs. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for those who have either braved the querying trenches successfully or are currently in the process of navigating those waters. But I’ve done the corporate thing and being beholden to another XYZ Inc. just isn’t for me at this point in my life.
This Memorial Day weekend, don't be a cotton headed ninny muggins. Grab your copy of Thicker Than Water on Amazon and other fine retailers.